OFSAA for Beginners 2.0
Oct 8, 2018
Loxon Solutions, in partnership with the Faculty of Finance and Banking (FABBV) and The Faculty of Economic Cybernetics, Statistics and Informatics (CSIE) of The Bucharest University of Economic Studies - ASE, launches the second edition of the simulation competition for a virtual bank business. The competition shall take place between October and December 2018.
What are the details of the competition and in what type of activities will the students be involved?
The "OFSAA for Beginners" competition aims to develop the capacity of 12 FABBV and CSIE students in 3rd year undergraduate or faculty master programs to develop a solution for a virtual bank in the Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) program, by applying the theoretical knowledge and implementing the scenarios offered. The project addresses issues related to the bank's Funds Transfer Pricing and simulations of Bank’s Balance Sheet and Income Statements, under different scenarios, using Assets and Liabilities Management techniques.
- A team will consist of three (3) students, two business oriented (from FABBV) applying together and one technical (from CSIE);
- The registration is based on the submission of the resumes of team members or technical people to Andreea Horhogea (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ionut Pop (email@example.com);
- Four (4) teams will be selected to participate in the competition;
- The activity will take place at Loxon Solutions headquarters, located at 6-6A Vitan Avenue, Phoenix Tower, 3rd floor;
- Participants will go through a training session provided by Loxon Solutions specialists in which they will discover two main modules they will use (FTP - Funds Transfer Pricing and ALM - Assets and Liabilities Management) and other OFSAA functionalities, the management product offered by Loxon Solutions to banks;
- Subsequently, they will receive virtual bank’s scenarios and they need to develop a project to use the application mentioned before;
- SQL knowledge will be an advantage for the participants and a requirement for technical part of the project;
- Project activities will take place for 5 weeks in a row, with a participation of 4 to 10 working hours per week, between 9:00 and 18:00;
- Each team will have the support of a Loxon Solutions employee to carry out the project activities;
- In the end, the best two (2) teams will receive the scholarships as follows:
- Scholarship for the first place: 1000 LEI per student;
- Second place scholarship: 500 LEI per student;
- In addition, this competition may be a milestone in the process of selecting business analysts for Loxon Solutions.
The calendar for the second edition of "OFSAA for Beginners 2.0" competition is the following:
- 1 October- Launch of the competition through the site and platforms managed by FABBV and CSIE;
- 2 - 14 October - Submission of team applications and technical individual applications by sending the resumes to the above-mentioned email addresses;
- 15 – 17 October - Selection of participating teams;
- 18 - 30 October - Preparing the participating teams;
- 30/31 October – Welcome meeting with all teams and Loxon’s mentors;
- 5 November - 7 December - Implementation of the activities and generation of results for the scenarios provided;
- 10 – 11 December – Final Presentation Meeting;
- 14 December - Award ceremony.
For more details related to this announcement, please contact Ionut Pop at firstname.lastname@example.org.