OFSAA for Beginners
Nov 7, 2017
Loxon Solutions, in partnership with the Faculty of Finance, Insurance, Banks and Stock Exchange of The Bucharest University of Economic Studies - ASE, launches the first edition of the simulation competition for a virtual bank business. The competition shall take place in November and December 2017.
The "OFSAA for Beginners" competition aims to develop the capacity of eight (8) FABBV students in 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate or faculty master programs to develop a solution for a virtual bank in the Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) program, by applying the theoretical knowledge and implementing the scenarios offered. The project addresses issues related to the bank's profitability and the determination of the financing cost for all the financial instruments in the bank's portfolio.
What are the details of the competition and in what type of activities will the students be involved?
- A team will consist of two (2) students, applying together as a team;
- The registration is based on the submission of the resumes of both team members to Andreea Horhogea (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ionut Pop (email@example.com);
- Four (4) teams will be selected to participate in the competition;
- The activity will take place at Loxon Solutions headquarters, located at 6-6A Vitan Avenue, Phoenix Tower, 3rd floor;
- Participants will go through a training session provided by Loxon Solutions specialists in which they will discover two main modules they will use (profitability and funds transfer pricing) and other OFSAA functionalities, the management product offered by Loxon Solutions to banks;
- Subsequently, they will receive virtual bank’s scenarios and they need to develop a project to use the application mentioned before;
- SQL knowledge will be an advantage for the participants;
- Project activities will take place for 3 weeks in a row, with a participation of 4 to 10 working hours per week, between 9:00 and 18:00;
- Each team will have the support of a Loxon Solutions employee to carry out the project activities;
- In the end, the best two (2) teams will receive the scholarships as follows:
- In addition, this competition may be a milestone in the process of selecting business analysts for Loxon Solutions.
The calendar of "OFSAA for Beginners" competition is the following:
- November 7, 2017 - Launch of the competition through the site and platforms managed by FABBV;
- November 7 - 14, 2017 - Submission of team applications by sending the resumes to the above-mentioned email addresses;
- November 15, 2017 - Selection of participating teams;
- 16/17 November 2017 - Preparing the participating teams;
- November 20 - December 13, 2017 - Implementation of the activities and generation of results for the scenarios provided;
- 14/15 December 2017 - Award ceremony.
The evaluation grid can be found here.
For more details related to this announcement, please contact Ionut Pop at firstname.lastname@example.org.